The large-scale disasters disasters such as earthquakes, floods, forest fires, tsunamis and hurricanes that hit urban areas have enormous social and economic cost. The consequences of a disaster of this kind create an extremely complex picture. Dimensioning the disaster result is extremely variable and depends on many factors. These research areas, aim to develop strategies to advance one step in this complex work to mitigate the impact of disasters in our country.
- Understand how emergency management organizations respond to such events
- Analysis of Decision Making skills for large scale Disaster Response
- Roles in emregency response
- Serious Video Game technology:Training and Learning
- Simulations and virtual environments as decision support for emergency management and response: Safe and controlled environment
- Benefits of using serious games for emergency management